Friday, September 04, 2009

No Longer Alone

I was at home and it was nearing lunchtime when the Lord asked me to go to "The Park" to get a hamburger and that I would be eating my hamburger at one of their picnic tables. “The Park” is a small hamburger stand in downtown Belton, Texas.

I pulled up and got out of my car to place my order at the window. I noticed there was a woman, probably in her sixties, who seemed to be waiting for her order. She was walking around talking on a cell phone.

Once I placed my order, I got back in my car and waited. Soon the woman who was talking on the cell phone got her order and suddenly walked directly toward me. I knew this was my divine appointment. I rolled down my window to greet her. She pointed to the "The LORD Will Provide Ministries" sign on my car door and asked, "Do you really believe what that sign says or is it just a sign?"

"Oh, yes I believe it,” I responded. “The Lord asked me to leave my job over 5 years ago and we've come to know God as our provider."

Soon, tears began to roll down her face as I continued to share about how God had provided for us over the years. My lunch arrived and I asked, "If you have time, maybe we can sit down at one of these picnic tables and get to know each other a little bit." She agreed.

She told me how she started hearing the Holy Spirit as a teenager. She felt so alone all these years, because she had never been able to find anyone who was like her. She was weeping as she shared. God had asked her and her husband to move to Temple nearly 2 years ago and nothing seemed to be coming from it. God had not connected her with any spiritually like-minded people. She had been pleading with God to move her somewhere else.

"You're not the only one who hears God like that," I said. "There are many of us. You are not alone."

I invited her to come to our prayer and worship meeting, "The Journey". She came and God touched her heart as the prophetic stream flowed through the group. She was not alone and could not hold back her tears of joy as God met her that night and brought her to like-minded believers whom she had been trying to find for 50 years.

Written by Stephen Burke. Edited by Jennifer Poppy.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Awesme story!! I am once again inspired by your divine appointments.. This just goes to shows God brings people together for different reasons. She took a leap of faith by moving to Temple and now she is able to see why God had her do just that.. I will be praying that she will grow and flourish in her walk with the Lord..

Father I pray that you would continue to use Steve as a great witness of your amazing love and sacrifice.. May his heart always beat as one with Yours and be obedient to not his will but Yours..

Christy S said...

LOVE THIS STORY!!!! so many people in this world feel, hear, & know the Holy Spirit- but still feel such an emptiness! I am soooo encouraged by this story, it shows us how important God holds fellowship & Personal relationships (with Him & with each other)to His Heart.... Thank you for sharing this... Divine Appointments ROCK!

Adam Meisberger said...

Sovereign Appointments. This story encourages me to keep my eyes open even more!