Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Eternity Spent With God

I was in Central America staying in the home of one of our local leaders in Villa Nueva, Guatemala. They are an awesome couple who are very involved in what the Lord is doing in that area. One morning the Lord put one of their friends on their hearts and asked if we could visit her later in the morning. I agreed.

We arrived at the home of their friend who was obviously upset. Her mother, who looked to be in her late sixties, was in the front room of the house and was very sick. Her face was ashen. Her eyes were open, but she didn't seem to be there. The family informed us that their beloved Christian mother and grandmother had throat cancer.

We immediately began to pray asking the Lord for healing. After a time, each one of us had prayed. The air was filled with the Lord's amazing peace. It was then the Lord asked me to anoint her with oil. Anointing her forehead with oil in the sign of the cross, I blessed her. Then I felt the Lord wanted me to repeat this act, but this time He wanted me to directly apply the oil to her throat. I dipped my finger in the oil and prayed peace over her, making the sign of the cross directly on her throat. The very second I made the last stroke, completing the cross, the woman's chest heaved upward. Then as her chest collapsed, her spirit left her.

Suddenly, I realized this was not a death, but this was a birth. God had been waiting for us. We had the privilege to attend to one His very own as she left this earth on her way to an eternity spent with Him through our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1

Written by Stephen Burke. Edited by Jennifer Poppy.

No comments: