Friday, May 28, 2010

Healing In India

She was a beautiful Hindu girl, typically very thin with big dark eyes and a
beautiful smile. Maybe the smile was because she became a Christian only
three weeks ago.

It was the first time for her to visit our fellowship. We were having a
two day retreat and she came along with a friend (the very friend who had
led her to Christ.) We sang a while, then started praying. She was at the
other end of the sofa, but I felt her put her hand gently on my shoulder.
About 30 minutes later, she again touched my shoulder, but this time with
more boldness. It was my "hurt" shoulder, what is referred to as a
"frozen" shoulder and had been paining me since November, seven months.
I had not been able to lift my hand above my head but she had no way of
knowing this.

Later we were again singing and praising when I lifted my hands in worship. To my surprise, both hands went all the way up. I also had not been able to clap my hands without a painful vibration traveling up my arm. I immediately started clapping, louder and harder and crying out to God. When I testified to the group what had happened, Rosie just bounced up and down and flashed that huge smile.

Rosie is filled with the Holy Spirit, speaks in tongues and has the gift of healing. Rosie thinks this is normal and delights in her gift. We delight in Rosie!

Sue Albin
In His Service in Shillong, India.

No comments: