Monday, August 17, 2009

Becoming Shiloh Gospel Music Festival




The Lord sent Jeffrey Light and I to Vavenby, British Columbia, Canada to attend the 2nd annual Becoming Shiloh Gospel Music Festival August 5-11. I felt God was sending us there to encourage the oraganizers, Erin Dawson and her family.

Jeff flew in from Virginia and I flew in from Texas. We converged in Seattle, Washington, rented a car and began the 8-hour journey to Vavenby. A few miles out, we stopped at a convenince store to get some gas and as we walked in I imediately noticed a shelf full of homemade bread. "Communion" God said. I knew God wanted me to buy a loaf of bread with which to have communion.

I grabbed a single loaf and asked, "Juice?"

The Lord immediately responded, "No."

I told Jeff the Lord wanted me to get this bread for communion. "I guess we're going to have communion with Erin and the others," I said.

Shouldn't we get some juice?" Jeff asked.

"The Lord said, 'No'" I replied.

We arrived at the festival grounds along the North Thompson River. A beautiful place to worship God surrounded by mountains and trees. Erin and the other organizers welcomed us and soon we were gathered together for prayer. We sat in chairs forming a large circle. On one side of the circle was a picnic table, so I grabbed a seat there on the bench. As I surveyed the circle, I noticed a lone bottle of red wine atop the picnic table. I stared at it for a few seconds. Communion, I thoght. My mind immediately flashed back to the communion bread which we had just purchased. I had left the bread in the rental car not knowing exactly when we would need it. I dashed back to the car and returned with the bread setting it next to the bottle of wine.

We prayed together and shared in the Lord's Supper partaking of the bread which the LORD had so amazingly provided. God had signed His name to our trip. We were exactly where we were supposed to be and we knew God was in Becoming Shiloh. Praise God!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's so cool~

Unknown said...

Hi Stephen,
It was so good to have you at "Becoming Shiloh!"
I repeatedly received comments from friends that all your words were "right on!"
I mentioned Graham Cooke and Bethel church as to two resources that have greatly blessed me. Here are the links...
http://grahamcooke.com/

http://www.ibethel.org/features/sermonoftheweek/110/Bill-Johnson-Why-Pray?-10:45-am--/free_message.html

kind regards,
Eric

Anonymous said...

Stephen, You and Jeffrey blessed us so much! You were a solid and affirming presence at Becoming Shiloh. Such servants of God!! I thank the Almighty Father that you are now such a part of this celebration of Jesus and will be a part of all that He has lined up for this little part of His kingdom!!
You are constantly in our prayers,
blessings,
Erin's Mom :)
Colleen