Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Starnger's Surprise - March 14, 2005

I was meeting with Johner Martin with J.A.I.L. Ministries at a small restaurant in Belton, Texas when a man, a total stranger to me, walked up to me at the table and handed me a note saying the Lord wanted him to share this message with me. WOW! I thanked him as he walked out the restaurant door.

Here is what the note said:

Your hope is in Him!

Gal. 6:9 (Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.) Rom 5:5 (And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.) Heb 11:1 (Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what
we do not see.)

He will carry you!

God wants to do amazing things in and through you (Pray Col. 4:2 "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.") and He will make known His true call in your life.

(James 1:12 "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.") Hold this (James 1:12) close to your heart. He has you in His arms! ("His" was underlined three times)

Your fellow co-laborer (He did not write his name)

The Lord amazes me so often with His sovereign and tender hand. Using the obedience of a perfect stranger, the Lord blessed me.

In Christ,

Steve

No comments: