Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Our House - August, 2006

I wanted to share this with you so you could praise God like we are.

God's been opening up so many doors for me to speak at churches... Assemblies of God Tabernacle in Houston, Temple Tabernacle in Temple, Texas River Church in Belton, Texas. I also spoke at 6 different churches in Virginia during my visit there August 8-14. Praise God!

God is so faithful... it has now been 2 years and 4 months since I left my job to do this ministry full time. As you know, He asked us to sell the house in the spring and we obeyed as a family. We painted, repaired and put a sign out in the front yard. Some of my Christian friends and family believed our house was our "Isaac". For a season we had people coming over to look at the house, but they were clearly not here to buy our house. God sent them here to be ministered to. It was an amazing time. Then, about six weeks ago, the Lord told me to take the "for sale" sign down. I did. That same night we had a couple call that wanted to buy, but needed to get their finances together. We never heard from them again. The season of selling our house had ended.

Instead of us having to sell our home, here's what God has just done. He provided a ram as He did for Abraham. A Godly family just sold an investment condo they had and knew the money was the Lord's. They prayed, asking the Lord where they should sow it... as the wife was praying about it the Lord said to her, "Give all of it to Steve." Not to the ministry, but to Steve personally. God promised her that He would "restore their wealth." Praise God, she was obedient and sent me an initial check which I received yesterday... just in time... right on time. They are not getting any tax deduction because it was a personal gift... the check was made out to Stephen Burke. She and her family are believing and trusting God 100%.

God has now taken care of our personal financial needs for at least the next two and a half years. My entire focus can now be on this ministry we have been called to. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow. He is so faithful, so faithful. I am merely a witness to the amazing God we serve. May He alone be glorified.

In Christ,

Steve

No comments: